Monday 4 January 2010

ECCM 2010 in Paris

I'll be on ECCM 2010, the IVth European Conference on Computational Mechanics - Solids, Structures and Coupled Problems in Engineering.

I'm accepted for the minisymposium Topology Optimization for Multiphysics Problems by Ole Sigmund and Kurt Maute.

The title for my talk is "Acoustic Near Field Topology Optimization of a Piezoelectric Loudspeaker". I (hope) it is cool stuff - at least it drives the computational costs back to "normal". Having a 3D Helmholtz Equation with a discretization driven by acoustic far field conditions is very expensive - too expensive to do experiments with broad frequency range optimization. It is difficult stuff for the optimizer requiring a hell of iterations and one has to take care to be not only left with colorful pictures ...

I'm very proud that I got invited (by Ole Sigmund) and according to professors its an honour. So I'm simply happy and will do my best! :)

The conference is in Paris from May 16 to 21 in 2010. A lot of colleagues from Erlangen will also come - we are a really big structural optimization group there! I hope it's not too expensive - Lisbon was cool! Tube for 80 cents, a beer in a Cafe 1,10 Euros and probably the most appealing capital in Europe to me. I haven't been to Paris for a very long time - and always camped then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.