Monday 4 January 2010

Blog blogging

A year has passed since I added my blog to feedjit.com to control who's reading my blog (beside google). You can see the data on the right sidebar in the lower region - a world-map and an detailed access list. When people google me I can even see what the googled for.

Well, now I know at least that some people read me - even when they actually searched for something different. Here comes a short list of common stuff people search for:

  • "piezo matlab" - sorry I use a complex C++ FEM code

  • "math riddle" - I have only a single one.

  • "topology optimization" - in some countries I'm quite high in google ?!

  • "topology optimization book" - some read my review - and with feedjit I can see which amazon link the followed.
  • "piezoelectric loudspeaker" - yeah - some new stuff! :)

  • paper - a few times people searched for my paper - once from South Korea. Now, please cite me! :)
It also seams that some people bookmarked me and I know of at least two scientists who found and read me. So I'll continue blogging - hopefully more regularly :). I know of no other blog within my community - unfortunately, it would be interesting what the Danish and piezo guys do ...

Actually I like to blog but it is time consuming and I blog only at night. I don't write as open as I would like. I would like to share some remarks about my community - but not in public. It's no good style and you never know hows reviewing you. I also have no private blog and I believe there is often a 'private' side in some of my posts. I'll have to do more on my facebook account to 'satisfy' this. :)

I'm happy about comments or mails - even more if you start a own blog - just let me know :)

Happy new year!

No comments: