Friday 20 February 2009

Down to the labs

There is more good news :)

It appears that we made an invention (when this is defined by something which
get's patented). Currently we construct an experimental prototype (which is real
hardware). It takes a lot of time but it is also exiting and makes a lot of fun. The details evolve along construction in discussion with the (excellent) mechanic of my
engineering chair. Next week we will start meassurements - and if all works fine
we'll try to apply for a patent.

I learned some mechanical basics before I started my first study (engineering) and
it remindes me to that times.

What is really cool, if the stuff works - it's found by optimization. Engineers are
working for quite some time to solve the problem - maybe the algorithm found it (it's not that intuitive in the first glance) ... well, let's see.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I keep the fingers crossed. You all have invested so much time and efforts. Bella