Monday 4 August 2008

Two presentations I gave

In the last two weeks I gave 4 presentations. I'm happy it's over and I can concentrate on my work again. But I want to share them here.

From the first one (I gave in three variants) I cut my resent results. Such it is a more or less general introduction into the SIMP method. My piezoelectric stuff plays only a minor role. Actually it shall help people to understand about the ease and efficency of SIMP. The target audience are engineers with some FEM knowledge or mathematicians with no knowledge in optimization. For optimization experts it's too low level.

The presentation is not "self contained" but rather a keyword prompter for me. So don't expect to understand the issue only by the presentation.

SIMP presentation

The other talk was given for scholars. It was within the symposium Applied Mathematics in Science and Industry at "Students Day". So it is PDE within a page, FEM within a page, ... and almost no formula. It is in german and I should have added an animation.

Schuelervortrag

Meanwhile I'm really a fan of doing presentations with latex and the beamer stile. Maybe I write about my steps of generating nice pdf images from gnuplot another time.

No comments: