Thursday 15 February 2007

2D mechanic optimizations

From time to time, I calculate 2d and 3d mechanical minimizing compliance problems. This is some kind of leasure while I work on the piezo optimization - so don't take it serious, it's just for fun. On the other side, some optimizations don't really fit to what I expected from publications. So if you also do also thus optimizations, please let me know if you have the same or different results. I can give the parametrization details on request. I use quite fine discretizations and a filter regularization as given in [2] to make the images nicer .:)

The cantilever is in my opinion too thin on the right end which is loaded.


This bridge gets its load from the top. I miss a lower horizontal bar.


Here the bridge has a lower load in the center.


This is a aqueduct, it looks much cooler in 3d. Thanks to Tom for the suggestion for this optimization problem.


If you have any ideas what could interesting to optimize, just let me know.

No comments: